Monday, October 25, 2010

Home Tour: Brantley's Nursery

A blog that I love to read, Kelly's Korner, has a weekly post on "Show Us Your Home" where she invites readers to show different rooms in their house. This is my first time to participate. I figured I would kill two birds with one stone because I realized I haven't posted pictures of Brantley's room on our blog.

We decided to go with a vintage firetruck theme. I am so happy with how it turned out. My grandfather (who passed away before I was born) was a fire chief. Brantley's shares his middle name with him. Kind of cool that he can grow up in a room the represents his grandfather also.

The bedding came from Pottery Barn Kids. It didn't come with a crib skirt so my mom and I made the crib skirt out of curtains that were the same curtains we hung in the room so they were sure to match. (They aren't pictured here because these photos were taken before it was completed.)


My husband is a huge LSU fan. My mom works for a leather furniture company. They custom make leather furniture. She had this adorable kids rocker made - LSU style! Geaux Tigers! We are taking his monthly photoshoots in this chair - can't wait to watch the little dude grow in it!


I fell in love with a vintage firetruck painting at Pottery Barn Kids but couldn't bring myself to spend the amount on the price tag so I started looking for other options. I found a woman on Etsy that painted an almost exact replica of it for half the price. When I mentioned it to my husband he said he could do it. It turned out even better than I imagined. And it is even more special that Craig took the time to make something that Brantley can appreciate when he gets older. The rocking chair was given to us by my sister. She rocked my nephew in it when he was a baby and offered it to us when we got pregnant with Brantley. It is so comfortable and fits that corner perfectly. I have loved rocking Brantley to sleep in it at night.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...