Friday, November 12, 2010

Working Mama

This week I officially joined the working mom category and let me just say I am worn out. Like every new adventure with having a baby for the first time, it is definitely an adjustment. An adjustment that consisted of being in bed by 8:30 most nights. I'm not going to lie. You know I'm tired when I don't stay up on Thursday night to watch Grey's Anatomy or Private Practice.




I came in to my computer screen full of welcome back post it notes, a picture of my co-workers as my background on my desktop, flowers, and brownies after lunch for dessert. It made the day so much better than I thought it would be.

Thank God my manager at work just had a baby in February. I made it to work on time every day, but my brain did not join me. I apparently left it with Brantley. There were just a lot of dumb questions and stupid mistakes. Example - forgetting how to transfer a call to someone else. I answered the phone for someone else and then froze when it came time to transfer the call. Easy stuff, but my mind blanks. I had a free pass this week though. I told her I was so glad she hired me before I had a baby, although I'm sure she's regretting it. Haha!

There are two girls that I work with that are pregnant. Both having boys - Waffle House seems to do that to you. And they are so much further along in their pregnancies now than when I left for maternity leave. It's like a visual of how much time has passed since I've been there. And it all went too fast.

Pros to being back at work:
- Adult conversation
- Dressing up in work clothes!
- Co-workers I consider friends
- A new chair as a welcome back gift
- Using my brain - or what is left of it
- Seeing Brantley's sweet smile at the end of the day.

Cons to being back at work:
- Missing Brantley
- Missing Brantley
- Missing Brantley
- Missing Brantley
- Missing Brantley



I did better than I expected. I only had a semi-meltdown on Monday evening. I looked forward to seeing him all day on Monday and getting a smile, and when I got home he was conked out. And stayed pretty conked out for most of the night. No smile was given and I threw myself a mini pity party. But it got easier as the week went on. I just couldn't wait for the weekend to get here to spend time with him. So excited to have the day with him tomorrow and Sunday.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...