Thursday, April 21, 2011

Five Years Ago...

  • I was putting on my wedding dress and had never felt prettier.
  • I was surrounded be family and friends and had never felt more loved.
  • I was walking down the aisle to the man I loved and was committing my life to.
  • The tears were flowing as I vowed to walk through the rest of my life with you. To love you. To always fight for this. For us.
  • I never imagined how much work marriage really was. But also never realized how rewarding it was, especially when you worked through the tough stuff and come out on the other side – stronger.
  • I never imagined how much we would experience together. How much we would see together. How much we would feel together.
  • I never knew what it meant to grow with someone. To learn more about yourself and learn more about them. To change and mesh those changes together so you could grow as a couple and not apart.
  • I never knew what it would be like to look down at pregnancy test and realize we were expecting a baby, hands shaking, voice cracking, tears coming, standing in the middle of our kitchen.
  • I never knew what it would feel like to lay eyes on our beautiful son. Never knew we could both feel so much love for someone we had just met.
  • I never knew I could love you more. And I do – love you – so. much. more.
Happy Anniversary, Craig!  Thank you for choosing me to be the one you want to walk through life with.  Thank you for loving me.  You are my best friend and I could not imagine my world without you in it. Or in the center of it, exactly where you belong.

Here is the video from our first anniversary to take us back.  Our first apartment together, getting out of the Army, working on our house on the weekends, our foster dog, your first niece Briley making her grand entrance in the world, vacations. 




 
Photobucket

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...