Monday, June 28, 2010

Getting Closer

31 weeks

32 weeks
Being pregnant has been the most amazing experience ever. I say this not even knowing what it is like to have one child yet, BUT I could totally see why people have more than one kid. And I say this for a lot of reasons, all of which are based solely on my pregnancy. The first trimester was not easy. I was pretty much throwing up for the majority of it and at the most inopportune times. But honestly, everything that has come after those first 14 or 15 weeks has totally overshadowed that miserable feeling.

People are so nice when you are pregnant. They make conversation with you. They hold the door for you. Cater isn't the word I want to use, but I can't think of anything better to describe it. People tend to shift towards you when you're pregnant. And let me just say that I all in all I don't think I'm an approachable person. But I guess you put a belly and a waddle on me and I appear to be approachable. I feel like this pregnancy has made me a nicer person. Not to mention all of the compliments - "You're cute as a button." " You're beautiful." "You're all belly." And my favorite one from my husband on Saturday night out to eat dinner, "I think you've gotten prettier since you've been pregnant." Because trust me, there are plenty of days when I can't find anything to wear and I'm looking at how much my body has changed and I don't feel the slightest bit "pretty".

The way my body has changed is a completely different topic. I think everyone has a number in the back of their head that they don't want to hit. I hit mine last week at my doctor's visit and I don't think I freaked out as much as I thought I would. Now, I may be singing a different tune once he is here and I'm trying to get that weight off. But it just seems so minor in compairson to feeling his kicks and getting to know him the way I feel I have. I have welcomed the changes. Everyday, sitting at my desk at work, I can expect for his feet to get up so high it feels like they might reach my throat. And at night when I'm going to bed and I roll over to my left side to fall asleep, I can expect for some sort of temper tantrum that occurs on my right side as he get situated. And in the morning when I wake up, I can feel him snuggled up on my left side. I can't wait to get to know him more once he is here. The closer it gets the more anxious I feel to meet him.





No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...