Sunday, June 6, 2010

Welcome to the Third Trimester!

I really had better intentions of keeping up with this blog. But dang, my pregnancy feels like its going by faster than I can keep up with it! My birthday, yesterday, marked the 28th week. Only 12 more weeks to go.

Picture at 27.5 weeks



I had the glucose testing this past week for gestational diabetes. My levels were a little higher than they like to see so they want me to come back this upcoming Friday to do the three hour test. They measure you in centimeters from your pelvic bone to the top of your uterus and the measurement they take should correspond with the number of weeks you are at by plus or minus 2cm. I was measure at 31cm when I was there for my 27 week appointment. So we get to have an ultrasound in three weeks to check his size. The big baby thing scares me but the fact that I get to see him again makes up for it.


He is moving around like crazy and it is such an amazing feeling. There was one night I laid in bed watching my stomach bounce up and down for probably about an hour.


Craig's family threw us a shower at his grandmother's house for Memorial Day weekend and completely spoiled us. It was so nice of them to do that for us. We got loaded up with diapers, LSU onesies, camo gear, lotions, medicine bottles, bottles. Craig's mom spruced up his old rocking chair when he was a kid and painted Brantley's name on it. It looks so great!

Pic from our Louisiana trip - after pigging out on some crawfish.

Speaking of rocking chairs and LSU gear, our kid is already set when it comes to the college football team he will support. Mom had them make this kid's rocker over at Leather Creations. It looks great and I'm sure Brantley will get a lot of use out of it in the next few years!

Today we're off to get as much done on the nursery as possible. Craig and my mom worked their butts off painting it yesterday so I'm ready to hang things up and get everything in place. This talk of a bigger baby or my due date possibly being sooner than August 28th totally has me motivated to get things done.

Hanging out at Dad and June's for my birthday.

Progress on Brantley's room.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...