Monday, December 27, 2010

New Milestones



In the last week or so we've hit a few milestones in Brantley's little baby world.

Laughing:
The kid smiles ALL of the time. It takes very little to get him to smile. You don't have to work too hard for it. You either make a shooting noise with your mouth, gurgle, touch his nose, or talk in a high voice and he is all smiles. Laughing on the other hand - not as easy. You have to work extra hard for those and they are few and far between. About a week ago when he got excited he started almost doing this scream thing. It was a happy scream, but a scream nonetheless. Now he's starting to giggle and it is the cutest thing. The best time to catch it right now is to touch his neck while he is laying on the changing table. He thinks it's the funniest thing.

Rolling Over:
Craig took video while I coaxed him to roll over. He HATES being on his stomach. HATES is probably putting it lightly. So I'm not sure what age they actually are supposed to start rolling from stomach to back, but I feel like because I don't put him on his tummy as much as I should he might be a little behind. Not sure. Either way, he's doing it now. (And he looks at me like I'm crazy when I squeal and clap my hands after every time he does.) I took a video of him when he did it , but I can't get it to upload to Blogger. I might try again later, but still wanted to get it written down since this is pretty much his "baby book".

And a milestone for me:

I am now running up to 2 miles at a time. Granted it's like a 13 1/2 minute mile, but it's 2 miles! It's quickly becoming addicting. On days that I don't do it, I think about doing it. I started doing the Couch to 5K program that I downloaded on my iPod but I got a little bored with it. So I started walking/running a mile, then running a full mile. Then I went to walking/running half a mile, running a mile and a half. And this weekend I walked a few minutes for a warm up and then ran the full 2 miles.Now I'm going to start pushing farther in quarter mile increments. It is my goal to run a 5K in 2011.

You never see overweight runners. This is what I keep telling myself. :) Must get this baby weight (and then some) off.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...