Monday, December 27, 2010

Brantley's First Christmas

Our Christmas was great. Brantley is obviously too young to get what was going on, but Craig and I both enjoyed it enough for him. We spent Christmas Eve at my cousins house with our family. We spent a huge portion of Thanksgiving afternoon playing Apples to Apples. My second cousin Celia wanted and got it for Christmas. So that is what we ended up doing after all of the presents had been opened.


On Christmas morning, we all woke up around 8:00. Once the boy had a full belly, we opened presents. Craig and I didn't go crazy with him this year. Santa brought him a doorway jumper. He's loving it so far. He's more in to twirling around in it than actually bouncing. But he stays entertained in it for the most part. I'm sure it will just be more fun for him the stronger his legs get.




Christmas afternoon we went to my dad and June's house to eat lunch. My brother and his kids came later in the afternoon. Our newest neice, Cayley, was there. This was her and Brantley's first chance to meet. She is almost 3 weeks younger than him. They'll have fun growing up together, I'm sure.


And while we were there it started SNOWING! So cool that is snowed (and actually stuck) on Brantley's first Christmas. June took pictures with her camera that I'll have to get from her. Ours was already packed up in the car. We were worried it was going to get messy and hard to get home so we left soon after it started coming down. So much fun to wake up to it on Sunday morning.

Since it was so cold and pretty, we sat around the house most of the day on Sunday with the windows open just enjoying it (inside in our warm clothes). Brantley played a lot in his new jumper, Craig played with his new toys and installed his new CD player in his truck, and I played my new Sims game on the Wii. We missed going to my mom's house to exchange presents, but we will catch up with her soon. It was a very relaxing day to end the weekend on after having such a fun and busy weekend with the family.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...