Monday, January 3, 2011

Ringing In 2011!

We headed to Louisiana this past weekend to celebrate the new year with Greg, Ashley, Briley, and Kinley. It was an awesome trip. Each trip we go on becomes the best one yet. Ashley and I can relate to each other so much more than we used to. We've always gotten along, just on different pages sometimes. Mainly because I was not on the baby page and she has been for almost four years now. Funny how being a mom changes you. Before Brantley, if Briley started crying when we were visiting, it wasn't my issue. I had no interest in babies or helping in any way. I wasn't ready for my own so I definitely was not ready to help out with a baby that wasn't mine. Now after having Brantley, when Kinley needs something and Ashley's hands are tied doing something else I instantly step in and help where I can. You just realize how much it is appreciated. That and I'm not terrified of breaking them anymore.

The trip now takes us about nine hours where it used to just take us 7 1/2. There's this little man in the backseat that needs to eat, stretch, and get a diaper changed every now and then. But when we got there the fun instantly started. We played Just Dance 2 on the Wii. Oh my gosh, what a work out. Crazy fun, even though I looked completely ridiculous. (Craig has video to prove this.)

Here are a few pictures I took of our trip.







So my new years resolutions for 2011:
1. Take at least one picture every day. Just something quick on the camera phone or my new camera Craig gave me for Christmas to document the day.
2. Run a 5K and push myself to run further once that goal is achieved.
3. At LEAST get to my pre-pregnancy weight, but work on losing more than that.




Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...