Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Brantley's First Birthday!


We had Brantley’s birthday party this weekend.  Overall, I think it was a success!  I really wish that we had taken more pictures of decorations and people.  I definitely should have handed my camera off earlier on, but what we did get was awesome (present opening, cake smashing, and clean up).  He was a little unsure of all these people in his house at one time, but eventually warmed up and loved being the center of attention. 

He’d open a toy, push the button on it, and laugh while he looked around the room to make sure everyone was in on how funny it was.  Red cake icing was coming out of his nose hours after I had cleaned him all up.  We laid him down for a nap at about the time people started heading out and when I went in to get him later I thought he had a bloody nose (red icing had worked its way back down his nose after being shoved up in it during cake smashing).  Terrifying and hilarious all at once.

Our little baby is gone and we have a little boy.  I am so thankful for this last year and what this amazing kid has taught me about motherhood.  And we were so excited to celebrate with everyone who loves him.  It was a great party and definitely worth the work that was put in to it. 






He had a pretty big weekend.  Friday I took a half day at work so Ashley and I could take the kids to the zoo.  Brantley was free because he was under two, so that was a bonus.  I wasn’t sure how much he would “get”, but he picked up on a few things.  The bird house, the tiger, the bear, the pandas, and the pigs were highlights for him.  His favorite part was going through the mist fan.  He and Kinley were cracking up.  Briley had a great time, too.  And Ashley and I laughed most of the day about her knowledge of the “Eastern Diamondback Rattlesnake”, monkeys not apes, and her near death experiences in the bird house.






I spent most of the day in the kitchen on Saturday getting the food ready for Brantley’s party.  Once that was finished we took the kids to park and came back to hang out with Brad (who was in town) and watch football.  LSU got their first win for the season and it was fun for all of us to be able to watch it together.

Sunday was the munchkin’s party.  After the party we headed to Pappadeaux’s with Greg, Ashley, Briley, and Kinley for a really good dinner.  That night we came home and relaxed at the house.  Greg, Craig, and I got in to a game of basketball with some balls in Brantley’s ball pit and his two foot Fisher Price basketball goal.  It might have been one of the highlights of the weekend.  I told Ashley it was one of those moments I wish we had a camcorder going behind us to capture it all.

Monday we relaxed most of the day until we got a little bored and Brantley got restless (but wouldn’t nap – probably due to the sugar high he was on from Sunday) so we headed to Best Buy to do a little shopping for a new digital camera.  It was VERY hard not to purchase a new one but I’m going to shop around for a little bit until I can fully commit.    It’s been a lot harder than I thought it would be because I take way too many pictures to be without my Rebel.  I have reached for it a few times now and been disappointed each time when I realized it was broken. It just stopped working after Brantley’s party on Sunday.  At this point, it’s either pay $200 plus shipping to have it fixed or spend extra to get a new model.  The last few months it has paused a decent amount of time if I’m shooting fast and gives me a “busy” flashing signal.  Which makes me angry because it always happens to do it when Brantley is in a full on smile.  Then when I’m ready to shoot again I can’t get him to pay attention.  Never fails.  The new ones also do HD recordings.  So there are definite pros (new camera, new features) and cons (the extra expense).  Until I weigh all of that out, I’m sticking with my point and shoot.


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...