Saturday, September 17, 2011

Swift Kick in the Butt

This is exactly where I am at lately. I was up to about four miles and then laziness happened. So now I'm starting back over and it HURTS. I went to a nearby high school tonight and forced myself to run two miles. Then after the two miles, I ran the stairs on the bleachers eight times. There is something about counting down laps in your head that makes it feel like it's going to be okay if you can just get down to that last lap. And I LOVE that point in your run when it stops hurting (at least a little bit). Some where around the first mile mark (for me), I finally get my breath and it sort of (said very loosely) becomes fun. 

So today I'm starting over and recommitting myself. 18 more pounds to lose until I am at my goal weight.  Here goes nothing...





 




Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...