Friday, September 9, 2011

The Addiction That is Pinterest

I love this website!  It's amazing.  It's everything crafty, recipes, DIY projects, home organizing, fashion and style, all rolled in to one. I am completely addicted.  I've gotten so many great ideas off of it (a lot for Brantley's party which I completely forgot to take pictures of).  And I wanted to show what I've been up to...

This one might be one of my favorites because it is so personalized.  I spent about $55 on supplies to make a knock off version of a Pottery Barn number canvas.  I got a great tutorial from this blog which I found on Pinterest.  It was so helpful and now I have a canvas in our living room with or personal dates on it.

I did this at Brantley's first birthday party and I think it was a hit!  Craig and I had so much fun looking through these pictures and reminiscing over the last year with him.

Made this one just now.  Literally just finished making it and I am in love!  I want to make more and attempt to sell them during college football season.  Just don't know how to go about selling them.  Etsy maybe?

This one looked so easy.  I mean, really, how hard could it be?  And it wasn't hard - just extremely time consuming.  I made three trips to Hobby Lobby to get more ribbon.  I used a larger base wreath than in the picture which added to the length of time to complete it.  Pinterest directed me here for awesome Dr. Seuss First Birthday Party inspiration.

I didn't take a picture of it but I also recently tried a super easy Poppy Seed Chicken recipe.  It turned out great and has been added to our menu rotation!

Looking forward to finding more ideas on Pinterest that I can "swipe" and make my own.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...