Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Happy 6 Months, Brantley!

Brantley,

I am loving the stage that you are at right now. Little pieces of your personality are starting to show through and I absolutely love it! I have not been around many babies before you, but I'm convinced that you are the most easy going baby out there. You adjust to whatever situation you are in. You love people and love people watching. And you have such a sense of humor. I am so looking forward to watching your personality develop even more over the next few months.

At 6 months, you...
  • Weigh 19 pounds 8 ounces
  • 27 and something (I zoned out at your appointment, but I think she said 3/4) inches long.
  • Are in the 90th percentile for height, 75th for weight, and 90th for head circumference.
  • You have eaten bananas, pears, sweet potatoes, carrots, prunes, and peas.
  • You have no desire to hold your bottle and are perfectly happy with me doing it for you. On one hand, I'd love to have my hands free every now and then. On the other, I know when you are holding your bottle, I'm going to miss doing it for you.
  • You got sick for the first time this month. It started out as a cold and then moved in to your chest and developed in to bronchitis. I'm not going to lie, it stressed me out. I know you are going to get sick plenty of times in your life, but I felt so helpless. Glad to have it behind us.
  • You still sleep like a champ and I soooooooooo love you for it. We start winding down around 6:45. Some nights you have a bath, we get you in your PJs, we read a story, sing "Stand By Me" and rock. Around 7:00 pm I put you in your crib and turn your mobile on. By 7:15 you are out. We give you a bottle while you sleep around 8:30 or 9:00. You sleep until 6:45 or 7:00 the next morning. On the weekends you will push it til around 8:00am.
  • You have finally learned to roll yourself back over from your stomach to your back. So I don't have to go roll you over when you're upset about it in your crib. You love sleeping on your tummy. You immediately roll over the minute I lay you in your crib.
  • You love to be scared. Daddy hides sometimes and pops out to scare you and you laugh. You think it's so funny. Daddy also claps in your face and it startles you but you laugh hysterically. You LOVE clapping. You've started to put your hands on our hands while we clap and just grin.
  • You reached for me last week and it did my heart so good. Daddy was holding you. When I held my hands out to take you when I got home from work you leaned in to them to come to me.
  • Favorite toys: Anything you can sit up and play with on the floor. You're also loving your exersaucer. And I don't think you will ever get tired of your doorway bouncer.

A few of your 6 month pictures:



I love you, Mister!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...